More bugfixes in today’s 5.2 build – enjoy!
Mr. Masterson (that’s Danny, to you) is another “That 70’s Show” alum, currently starring in the new show “Men At Work”. When he’s not kicking ass at hilarious roles, he’s also running his uber hip “Confederacy” store in east Los Angeles, and he’s about to launch Qloo.com. Nope. This guy isn’t busy at all.
A new Mac build is going out today with more fixes and a few new features. This build took a little longer in the review queue than usual and we apologize for the delay. We probably have one more minor Mac build in us before the group chat stuff is ready, but we’ll keep everyone updated if the schedule changes. Everything is looking great so far, and we hope you enjoy the new build!
Ever since we launched HipChat, emoticons have been one of our favorite features. Last year, we launched a referral program which gave groups an opportunity to get their own custom emoticons in exchange for referring new teams to HipChat. Fast forward 8 months or so and we’ve noticed a couple things about the referral program:
- Lots of groups want custom emoticons without having to find someone to refer
- We had to handle each referral request for emoticons manually, via email, which isn’t very efficient
So, we’ve decided to rethink how we handle custom emoticons. Given how awesome they are, we figured, why not just let users upload their own emoticons? And that’s exactly what we’ve done.
Now, group admins can control the list of emoticons specific to their team by going to https://www.hipchat.com/admin/emoticons. Upload any image (within limits) and it will immediately be available to all your users connected on HipChat clients. Each group can add up to 25 emoticons for use by their members.
Try it out! We hope it makes your chat experience a little more fun.
A quick bugfix build for 5.2 is going out today, fixing a crash in Skype and other assorted fixes with spellcheck and the new taskbar previews. Enjoy the build!
Lots of great stuff in the new Trillian 5.2, now available for public beta testing! As with our Mac version, we’re making an effort this year to keep our releases slightly smaller in scope so that we can get them to you on a more regular basis. Our goals for the Windows product this year are to keep updates flowing smoothly, to tackle a large batch of group chat enhancements and feature requests, and to release a few other surprises we’ve been working on lately. So what’s new in 5.2?
- Native spellcheck integration. Our message windows and social windows will now make sure you’re not making any mistakes when you type! Auto-correct optional.
- Better Windows 7 support. Seen above, we now have the ability to split tabbed chats into their individual windows in the taskbar and have also added some great new jumplist features. Of course, these all work on the new Windows 8 too!
- Twitter upgrades. Although we’ve always supported both native retweets and the older-style retweets, the option was buried in a preference. We’ve taken the time to tidy things up a bit and now expose both methods directly in the right click menu! You can also now follow conversations right inside of Trillian among other improvements.